Management & Leadership with concentration in Legal Studies
Engage Business and Society
The concentration in Legal Studies provides you a solid business foundation with a significant legal component such as real estate acquisition and management, business structure, securities regulation, and employment law.
Opportunity to Innovate
You will encounter numerous internship opportunities and are required to participate in a senior capstone course.
Here, you will work on a team and provide advice and consultation to a real business client during your final semester.
These projects may include:
- Designing business plans
- Analyzing markets
- Creating and implementing customer surveys
- Providing verbal and written reports
You may also join leadership-oriented organizations including:
- Women in Business
- Phi Chi Theta, a co-ed business fraternity
Requirements for the Legal Studies concentration include:
- BLW 342 Legal Environment of Business
- BLW 345 Law of Business
- M L 356 Human Resource Management
- M L 357 Leadership and Interpersonal Behavior
- M L 358 Managerial Decision Making
- BLW 395 Real Estate Principles
- BLW 446 Employment Law
- One M L elective (see Management & Leadership list)
- and one of the following:
- ECO 352 Industrial Organization
- ECO 362 Economics and Law
- PLS 317 International Law
- PLS 459 Constitutional Law
- PLS 460 Constitutional Law
Impact the World
Graduates experience a 100% career outcomes rate In this major, you will be prepared for management positions in both industry and not-for-profit settings. Additionally, you will be well prepared for graduate-level business courses, public administration programs, law school, and other graduate school programs.